Telephony platform Calliseum
Universal telephony platform Calliseum is a software framework running under Windows XP or higher (Win 7,8, 2008, 2012), both 32 and 64 bits OS are supported and provides various call processing services. Call services are the modules responsible for actions when an incoming call is received or an outgoing call is made. The call services can have both built-in algorithms and external user customized scripts.
Main telephony platform features:
- Various lines support. The system supports analogue, E1, ISDN PRI, BRI, SS7, SIP, H.323 lines.
- Various equipment support. The system supports Dialogic, Eicon, Brooktrout, Pika boards.
- Simple installation and configuration. Friendly interface allows easily configuration of the system.
- Basic phone services support. The system has basic built-in phone services such as fax server, audio conferencing system, voice and fax mail.
- Scripts support. The system administrator can write various scripts, which gives the system high flexibility of call processing.
- Reliability. Long testing allowed making the system highly reliable, working as a server application or service during many months or even years without restarting.
- Multiuser access. The system allows simultaneous access for both Windows and Web clients.
- Mail handling. The system works with Email via POP3, SMTP and IMAP protocols. Extended MAPI integration allows connection to MS Exchange and Lotus Domino.
- SMS handling. The system is able to send and receive SMS messages through cell phones (GSM gateways) and SMPP servers.
- Backing up/restoring. Manual and automatic database backing up and restoring.
- Optical recognition (OCR). The system is able to recognize image files on any language.
- Text-to-Speech technology. The system is able to generate voice files from text files iusing Microsoft SAPI TTS engines.
Built-in dialogues doesn't require a lot of configuring efforts, but have a serious limitation of flexibility since the processing algorithms are tightly integrated with them, and dialogues variations are made setting dialogue parameters.
On the contrary, the external scripts provide unlimited personalization of the system to fit almost any user's need. Scripts can be executed both while processing the calls and independently of them, text files with the scripts' sources are automatically picked up by the system, compiled on the fly and immediately started to use. Due to the popularity, simplicity and power of the Delphi compiler for the basis of the scripting language was chosen Pascal. The most important modules of Delphi have been already imported to the system and the work on the importing of other Delphi modules is constantly going on.
In addition to the common Delphi Pascal functions, the user is allowed to use:
- Phone processing functions
- Image files processing functions
- Voice files processing functions
- Internal database functions
- External database functions
The built-in dialogues include most popular applications, which typically are intended for a specific task, e.g., to receive a fax and put it in the user voice/fax mailbox. There are also some test dialogues demonstrating the system capabilities.
List of built-in dialogues:
ArtiFax, Vmail, VmailEx - dialogues of the voice/fax mail and the fax server, these dialogues are mainly responsible for sending and receiving voice and fax messages from the users and external callers. They differ from each other in small details.
AutoInf, - answering machine, a simple dialogue, it finds the user by his phone or account number and plays the current balance. This is a test dialogue, valid only for the simplest cases, for the more complex cases, one should write a script.
Banking, - the banking system, it plays the bank buy/sell currency rates and some other information. This is a test dialogue which is unlikely can be used in actual banking.
Confer, ConferEx, - the audio conferencing bridge dialogues.
In addition, for the testing purposes the system contains a script dialogue TestScript, which shows some script features.
We can give you a link to a demo version upon request.